Monday, October 6, 2008

first post! (not about love)


hey! this is a poem i wrote during history class... obviously you can tell what war we are doing right now... so yeah. first poem not about love! woohoo! =)

The Brother’s War
By Julian Starkey
In memory of all those who died in the American Civil War, and all the military world wide

A day of judgment, a battle won
Writing progress, the history done
Glad it ended before my son
In a museum rests my gun

During war, we hope to win
Is fighting my brother a bad sin?
Telling stories to my kin
Finding books in the bin

Army travelled so very far
Rest and drink at the bar
Look in the mirror, see who you are
Veteran plates on my car

My only brother has been killed
Read his letters see what he willed
Empty house remains so stilled
Tell the mayor he can’t be billed

Flying high is our banner
Flying gently in this manner
On the hill we will stand there
Looking at the horses handler

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its its...AWSOME AND AMAZING AND AND THERE ARENT EVEN WORDS FOR IT!!!

Just Me said...

I so totally agree
<3

Tilla