Saturday, October 4, 2008

THE LONGEST POEM I EVER WRITTED


this is the longest poem i ever writted... and its still in progress... its... wow long. hope you like it so far, ill edit this post later to publish the final poem. and if you see any errors please let me know... *ahem* lilac... ;) love ya







The World in My Eyes
By Julian Starkey

This is exactly how I was taught
Survival of the fittest, what I had sought
Using tweezers, a fly is caught
Getting a job, that’s how she was bought
Did she really deserve what she got?
Mercury slugs, you are shot
The artist, the artist, the odyssey wrought
Demons and angels, where they fought

Painting with shadows, missing the light
Into a vacuum, flying a kite
Fighting the prince with all of your might
His bleeding teeth sure do bite
Fixing a hole, what a wonderful sight
Born anew love birds, what a delight
In the city streets, people fight
What makes all of this right?

I have promised her, I will
Pull out a sniper rifle, will I kill?
She waits there, waiting until
I wait here, getting bad chills
The bear has been fired from the mill
Working to earn his share to fill
He has to pay all of those bills
Wishing and wondering, we must remain still

Take some E, power to the max
Stepping boldly onto some tacks
Running over water, gotta send that fax
Side by side, on railroad tracks
Big Blue behind us, watching our backs
Running away, don’t wanna pay tax
This is my story, here are the facts
Slip in the poison, Gatorade full of lax

Too far is the ledge, give me a toss
Savior Leah, what is the cost?
Nothing is won when all is lost
Unsteady bridge, the universe across
On the south side grows the moss
Nobody’s gain, everyone’s loss
Sneaking in the secret sauce
Your own mind is your toughest boss

Marry my wife, gunna have some kids
Selling the trailer to the highest bid
Pop open the jar, take off the lid
You take attack, I’ll take mid
I never lie, I only kid
Go to the mall, it’s where he hid
Get the water, it must be rid
Look me up on YouTube, I posted some vids

Only for thatgirl, do I sing
I’ll buy her a diamond – silver ring
Just to prove she’s worth more than any human being
Roll it up, smoke it, and give it a fling
Suck it up boy, it may sting
The gold on her chest is her only bling
Don’t be a perv, look for the real meaning
It is hidden, try harder thinking

Don’t pay attention in class, don’t know what they teach
Random bearded guy and what he did preach
Hold out your hand, please try to reach
Making out and sex, all on the beach
Skin smells like lilacs, soft as a peach
Passing out drugs, there’s some for each
Three nations, distributed by a leech
Behind the wall now, we must breach

Still on the beach, here we lie
Gazing the stars that light up the sky
Stay with me forever, we will never die
Don’t wanna get dressed, don’t like to try
Big, brown, beautiful, hazel eyes
When I’ve got you I will never cry
If you leave me I have got to know why
Look at my eyes now, they are no longer dry

You must let die and you must let live
Never receive, all you did was give
I wanna do it again, want it to relive
What was the reason? The real motive?
Go into court, who’s the real plaintiff
Like a dream or a fairytale, it seemed fictive
Who is the prince? I am passive
Now I am weak, no longer active

This couldn’t have happened, it doesn’t seem real
All I’ve got now is what I could steal
Not enough money to afford a meal
Gunna get that girl, but I need a wheel
What is your problem, what is the deal?
Met her in a shirt of beautiful teal
On my knees before you I’m gunna kneel
A stamp and ink, I’ll set my seal

The candle in my heart is no longer lit
As I exist I just feel like shit
All over I feel like I’ve been hit
By a giant spider, it’s like I’ve been bit
Clothing of tears, it’s what I knit
How my love for you feels, no words really fit
How to mend a broken heart, you have the kit
A bottomless hole, fall down a pit

It all started from a summer in the city
Just my luck, damn she’s pretty
Beat the system, we are witty
Took it slow, itty-bitty
Drunk from Lipton lemon iced-tea
This cool cat misses his kitty
After we split I just feel shitty
Now she’s gone, truly a pity

I’ll never get her back, would you like to bet?
She was the master, and I, her pet
The cost is too great, the price is set
It’s not my choice, but it must be let
I’m depressed now, just like we met
This is like trying to catch fish with a broken net
I want to give up, but yet
You must never give up, and never fret

Raindrops are falling now, upon my head
Her love letters were the first I ever read
Used to give up on love and just stay in bed
My heart is heavy, it feels like lead
It was her love that kept me fed
I promised her we would never be dead
Do you recall exactly what she said?
I can’t make promises, its fate that led

The uncertain future fills the air
Do you remember what happened there?
My love is for her, and I cannot share
That small girl, is she still in the bear?
Such beautiful, flowing, brown hair
She was the only one who really did care
What do I do… do I dare?
I didn’t think the decision was all that fair

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i timed my self and i read it in 5minutes and 43.8 seconds...my eyes where trained to read fast...hehe...i loved the poem...it's amazing!!!^^

Anonymous said...

i think we got a new 21st centery willian shakespare (sorry spelling is my weakness...hehe)oh and thats a complemte ok not an insalt...

Just Me said...

yes indeed we do have a new william shakespere...

I love poetry...have I mentioned that? lol of course I have...I have my own blog full of it ...duh!

I love your poetry...it's utterly fantastic...